Three Day AM MWF News 1/11/19
Weekly News: Recap and Preview
Class: 3 AM TWT – Hummingbirds
• We learned a lot about germs this week. We had the Sneeze family of Mr., Mrs., and Junior Sneeze (balloons) sneeze their germs (confetti) all over everyone to illustrate what happens when we sneeze and cough and to emphasize the importance of using your sneeze/cough pocket in your elbow. We also shook hands with someone’s glitter covered hand to show how germs spread from one person to another to show why it is important to wash our hands.
• We are observing the results of a science experiment to see which slice of bread will get the moldiest. The one that touched everyone’s hands, doorknob, light switch, shoes, and trashcan, or the one that was handled with freshly washed hands. They are each hanging up in their own baggy and we will keep an eye on their progress.
• This week we read Cookie’s Week by Cindy Ward and Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney.
• In art we made x-ray hands with Q-tips, painted with metallic paint on easels, and drew with oil pastels.
• The Dramatic Play room now is a Doctor’s Office with all sorts of medical instruments, baby dolls, scrubs, examination table, waiting room, etc.
Week of 1/15-1/17
Dramatic Play: Doctor’s Office
• It is jacket season! Please write your child’s first and/or last name on their jacket. This helps prevent jackets from getting mixed up and lost at school.
• The Hummingbird Grandparents’ Day will be on Thursday, February 7th from 10:00-11:00 am. We have sent the file for the Grandparent’s Day dictation form to everyone’s email. If a grandparent is unable to attend, then a special friend is very welcome to come. Please give the completed form to us as soon as you finish it. The deadline is Thursday, January 24th. Please let us know if you cannot open the file, or if you have any questions. We will also have hard copies available at school.
• FIELD TRIP: Our first field trip will be to see the 9:45 showing of The Cat in the Hat at the Magik Theatre on February 21st. If you are willing to help chaperone and transport children, please let us know as soon as possible. We do have a limited number of tickets, so first to call and offer help will be graciously included. We will be having other field trips coming up, if you do not get the chance to drive on this one. Thanks.
• The Acorn Fundraiser is February 28th. Just follow the link on the website to the auction site to purchase tickets and register. We hope to see you there!
• Wednesday we will have Spanish with Ms. Sandy and Music with Ms. Lana.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Karen, Lily, Kathy, and Laura