Three Day AM TWT News 11/30/18
• Welcome back! We hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. The children were excited to tell us some of the fun things they did over the break. We are happy to have them all back again!
• This week we read The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush by Tomie dePaola, Mortimer by Robert Munsch, The Goat in the Rug by Geraldine, and When the Leaf Blew In by Steve Metzger. We also took a picture walk through the book Thank You Thanksgiving by David Milgrim and had the children tell the story based on what they saw in the pictures.
• In art we drew designs with glue and made “sand paintings” with a mixture of salt and powdered tempera paint. We also painted with metallic paint on easels and we collaged green triangles and sequins.
• The Dramatic Play room is a Native American Village, and will be changed to Santa’s Workshop. Wrapping and taping are such great fine motor activities!
Week of 12/4-12/6
Dramatic Play: Native American Teepees (12/4-12/5), Santa’s Workshop (12/6)
• It is jacket season! Please write your child’s first and/or last name on their jacket. This helps prevent jackets from getting mixed up and lost at school.
• Tuesday (12/4) at 10:40 Jo will come and tell us the story of the very first Christmas with her Nativity set.
• Thursday (12/6) at 9:00 we will go to the Kindergarten classroom to see the Kindergarteners perform their Nativity Play.
• Thursday (12/6) we will celebrate Hanukkah!
• Wednesday we will have Spanish with Ms. Sandy and Music with Ms. Lana.
Have a good weekend!
Karen, Lily, Kathy, and Laura