Steps to Enroll: Parents interested in enrolling their child must complete an application and attend a tour of the school before being eligible to enroll. Enrollment day for new families is in late January or early February, by appointment.
• Call the school office or request information through our website to put your name and information on our Master List.
• Complete an application form and submit an application fee for each child. Fees are $50 for the first application, and $40 per each additional application in the family. Click here to complete a new student application.
The order in which a family enrolls is based upon the date of your first contact with the school and the date you complete an application.
• Attend a tour of the school. Formal tours are offered three times a year. On the tour, Rich Lange, the head director, along with director Wendy Starnes and/or Assistant Director, Dr. Mara Mauze, will show parents the different interest areas of the school and explain the philosophy and programs in detail. At this time we are not holding formal tours, so please watch our formal tour videos here, and call or email to arrange an informal tour.
• Contact The Acorn in January to inform the school of your continued interest and update your information, if necessary. This is a very important step; with so many families on the list, we rely on you to keep us informed of your plans.
• Enrollment for new families begins in late January or early February for the following school year beginning in September. On enrollment day, families come in at their appointed times, based on the date of their original phone call and application. If you accept a space for your child in one of our classes, you will complete an enrollment form and pay an enrollment fee.
Notice of Non-Discrimination The Acorn - A School for Young Children, Inc., a Texas non-profit corporation, 3501 Broadway, San Antonio, admits students and hires teachers of any race, color, national and ethnic origin. All are afforded the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students and teachers at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions and hiring policies, and programs.