We are so glad that so many current parents, grandparents, and alumni were able to attend this year's annual fundraiser! We are still compiling the results, but we know that everyone had a wonderful time! We appreciate everyone's support. Here is a link to the top bidders, balloon pop and raffle winners. When you patronize our donors, please thank them for supporting The Acorn!
The Acorn Casino Night and Fundraiser…
Everyone was All-In for a Great Time!
The Witte Museum set the stage for a fun event for all! Parents past, present, and future, as well as grandparents and friends, all enjoyed a wonderful evening. The party offered casino games, the silent auction, a photo wall, the wine pull, a fun balloon pop, heads/tails glow ring game, 52 card draw gam, and great food and drink! About 240 people joined in the festivities! Our guests helped us raise just under $20,000 from the 105 items on the silent auction. Over $9500 in raffle tickets were sold, and our very generous underwriters, parents, and alumni donated close to $17,500. We took in close to $9500 in admission, and over $4800 were raised from the punch cards, which served as tickets to the wine pull, photo wall, and balloon pop. Our expenses were kept fairly low, thanks to our many donors and community sponsors. From the bottom of our hearts (and diamonds, clubs and spades) we thank all of you that worked so hard to make this effort a success!
WINNER LIST ON WEBSITE!
Thanks to everyone for helping to sell so many raffle tickets. We are listing the raffle prize winners, balloon pop winners and silent auction top bidders. Congratulations to one and all!
We certainly appreciate all of the businesses who donated prizes, services, and underwriting. We hope that you will patronize them and mention your thanks for their helping The Acorn
Ashley Jenne Photography
Bill Miller’s BBQ
Broadway Daily Bread
Mariah Lange Catering
Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling
Straight Flush Club: ($1,000+)
Ben Nichols and Rebecca Rosser
John and Louise Wheir
Anonymous Friend of The Acorn
Four of a Kind Club: ($500 - $999)
Andy and Elspeth Rosbrook, Jesse H. and Susan Oppenheimer Foudation
Alamo Heights Britton Orthodontics
William and Satoko Stillwater; MTechnik
Ken and Barbara Harrison
Full House Club: ($250 - $499)
John and Niki Burnam; Burham Gray
Larry and Cathryn Davis
Jeremiah and Serena Kested
Rick and Kim Riley
Mark Garza and Jacqueline Ruiz
Jacob and Lindsey McCloy
Hugh and Sarah Fitsimons
Kumon Alamo Heights
Frost National Bank
Jeff and Kathleen Bolner
Flush Club: (up to $249)
Aaron and Cynthia Holt
Luke and Melanie Warrilow
Jeffrey and Kimberly Holt
David and Janette Prichard
Jian and Leanna Liu
Gary and Debe Palmer
Nick and Emily Fleming
Emanuel and Aurora Huggins
Jeff and Catharine Vexler
Karl and Jennifer Erickson
Scott and Betsey Langham
Jamie Brown and Brook Colgan
Richard and Ruth Butler
Richey and Joan Wyatt
Rick and Casey Rhodes
Marc and Linda Hanna
Robb and Trianna Johnson
Russ and Becky Williams
Wade and Lisa Caldwell
Ted and Katy Flato
Thanks so much for your generosity to The Acorn!
ACORN PARENTS ARE TERRIFIC!
So many wonderful people contributed to the success of this huge undertaking! We appreciate everyone’s participation in making the celebration a great time for all and financially successful. Huge Acorn thanks go out to:
• Brook Colgan, John Burnam, Trianna Johnson, Crystal Monaghan, Catharine and Jeff Vexler, Sara Rogers, Rebecca Pommer and the entire parent committee that devoted months of time to preparation, organization, and the casino auction site.
• Mandy Heath for making the amazing signs posted at school.
• Our class liaisons: Betsey Langham, Anna Beyer, Casey Rhodes, Brandi Deemen, Amanda McClain, Kait Gish, and Rebecca Pommer.
• Becky Williams and Carrie Hoffman offered valuable support in the office during our final weeks of preparation.
• Rachel Donnelly for spearheading the set up team at the Witte on Thursday afternoon.
• We thank all of the parents, grandparents, and teachers who spent many hours Thursday helping to transport everything over to the Witte, setting up and organizing the silent auction, washing wine glasses, as well as those that worked during the party with check in and checkout, the wine pull and the balloon pop, closing auction tables, and helpers who boxed up everything and transported it back to school: Betsey and Scott Langham, Matthew and Rebecca Pommer, Stephanie Velzsquez, Felicia Hernandez, Kait Gish, Katie Gaebel, Sean O’Neil, Elissa Harrell, Mara Mauze, Niki Burnam, Jeff and Catharine Vexler, Karl and Jennifer Erickson, Casey Rhodes, Brandon and Katie Kight, Denise Dahm, Lindsey McCloy, Rachel and Joe Donnelly, Mayra Ortiz, Becky Russell, Nick Beyer, Ben Rogers, Bill Rogers, Trianna Johnson, Alex Whisenhant, Becky and Ross Williams, Erin Ross, Sarah Walsh, Crystal Monaghan, Rob and Trianna Johnson, Paul and Leslie Bertolino, and Rey Huerta.
• The Acorn children and all of the teachers for their contributions of time, talents, and underwriting, and for making all of the creative class projects.
• Thanks to those who will assist with Thank You letters to our donors.
In an effort to recognize so many wonderful parents, grandparents, and teachers that were extra helpful, we undoubtedly have not included everyone we should have and we apologize. Truly, Acorn parents really are the greatest! Thank you for all you do to support The Acorn; we couldn’t continue to thrive without you!
If you have any suggestions for improvements for next year’s event, please let us know right away while it’s fresh in your minds.
Special thanks to Ashley Jenne for her time and talent in capturing the glow of all of our Acorn Children. She devoted so much time to visiting the playground at various times to photograph all the classes. We have a number of children’s photos left from the photo wall, featuring Ashley’s wonderful work, so if you haven’t had to chance to come pick yours up for a suggested $20 donation, come on in!
Also, if you have any outstanding green cards whether they donated or not), raffle tickets or (paperwork regarding the fundraiser, please return it to the office, so we can organize everything for next year. Thanks!
Thanks again for such a fun Fundraiser, and helping to support The Acorn.
Jo, and Wendy, and Rich
Mark Your Calendars: The Acorn Fundraiser
Thursday Evening, February 28, 2019
at the Witte Museum
Tickets and Information Available ONLINE at our event and auction website
A Prize Request Letter is availabe here as parents approach businesses for donations.
The evening has $65 admission tickets, which gives each ticket holder 1000 chips to start the casino games. At the end of the evening, winnings can be used for a chance to win some great prizes!
• Raffle tickets available at $5, $10, and $25. Great prizes at each level! Purchase either beforehand or at the event. Drawing will be held the Monday following the event.
• Ranger Creek beers, as well as various other beers and wine, (included with your admission)
• Foods from various area favorite restaurants! (included with your admission)
• Silent Auction available for bidding one week before the event online: featuring class projects and teacher outings, as well as dinners, overnights, Spurs memorabilia, jewelry, photography packages, and lots more!
• Wine Pull! For $20 you take home a nice bottle of wine!
• Our very popular Pop’s Wine Table, where for $20 you can taste Coach Popovich’s own Rock and Hammer Pinot Noir, as well as possibly win a prize!
• Student Photo Wall! You can take home your child’s photo for a suggested $20 donation. Parent and photographer Ashley Jenne is capturing some wonderful playground and classroom moments! The value of her work far exceeds our suggested price.
New twists to the party this year!
• “Early bird” specialty cocktails from Ranger Creek for those who arrive promptly at 6:30 p.m. (included with your admission)
• “Balloon Pop” game $20 gives you a chance to win a restaurant certificate
• “Heads or Tails” game, $20, in which one lucky person will win a necklace valued at $500 from Americus Diamond
• Online bidding and payment checkout for your convenience! Bring your phones!
Purchase admission tickets online! And/or register for Silent Auction Bidding (You can bid even if you are not able to attend, or have out of town relatives who are interested!)
Bring in your wine donation!
Bring in your sold raffle tickets!
Help gather prizes and auction items, and bring them into the office!
This Fundraiser is lots of fun and we’d love to have you join us. THANKS!